Annual Report 2020-2021
Throughout the year, we focussed on hearing from seldom heard communities about the impact of COVID-19 and helped raise their concerns with local public health authorities.
Highlights of the year
- Highlighted the experiences and challenges faced by around 1600 Camden residents due to the COVID-19 pandemic in the ‘Life in Lockdown’ report.
- Developed a better understanding of the experiences of around 200 Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic residents on the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Provided up to date advice and information on COVID-19 and vaccination via social media channels, e-bulletins, and website.
- Engaged with seldom heard communities and raised their concerns including: impact on the mental health of young people due to the pandemic, refugees, parents with SEND children, old people and digital exclusion.
- Raised awareness about the temporary closure of A&E services for children.
The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted some of our routine work. We collaborated with local NHS bodies to help address issues concerning residents of Camden:
- Held 2 Q&A sessions on access to hospitals and GP services during the pandemic, attended by 340 people.
- Provided a platform to address concerns around the COVID-19 vaccine by organising a Q&A session, attended by 140 people.