Community Researcher - Covid-19 Survey
What will I be doing?
Healthwatch Camden wants to gather resident experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. Help us reach people in the community through your networks and ask them to complete our online Covid-19 survey. If the people you reach out to are digitally excluded or otherwise unable to complete the survey online, you will administer the survey over the phone. In addition, you may be asked to administer the survey to people who contacted Healthwatch Camden directly requesting the survey over the phone. As you listen, you will record multiple choice and open-ended answers in an online SurveyMonkey form. Surveys should take about 20 minutes each. You will be given a secure phone line to make these phone calls.
Skills and experience needed:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including clear spoken English
- Confident in communicating to new people
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Empathy and open-mindedness
- Excellent listening skills
- The ability to work in a respectful and professional manner
- Valid DBS check carried out within the last three years
- Ability to speak in other languages desired but not required
- Access to a PC and wi-fi
You will have an introductory meeting via a video link with HWC Volunteering Officer who will discuss the role with you and provide induction (approx. 45 min). Then you will have a meeting via a video link with HWC Communications Officer who will talk you through the questionnaire and discuss etiquette, notetaking and tips for conducting a semi-structured interview (approx. 45 min). Depending on how many people you interview, you are expected to contribute between 5 to 10 hours during the project. This project is scheduled to run until June and is subject to change.
What you’ll gain from volunteering:
By volunteering with us, you’ll gain interviewing experience and also help us to ensure that the needs of our diverse community are met.
You’ll also gain:
- An opportunity to develop your communications skills
- An opportunity to see how a digital outreach project is executed with the chance to join in
- An opportunity to learn about how a local Healthwatch operates
- An opportunity to learn about local health and social care concerns amid a global pandemic
We will provide:
- Support and supervision during the project.
- Reimbursement of expenses, in line with our policy, so you won’t be out of pocket.
How to apply:
Email Jemma Ayton email@example.com,uk attaching your CV. Please tell us your availability and why you are interested in volunteering in this role.