COVID-19 vaccine pop-ups in Kilburn and West Hampstead this week
This week (25 May to 29 May), Camden Council, local voluntary sector organisations and our local NHS are organising a few COVID-19 vaccination pop-ups in Kilburn (Kiln Theatre) and West Hampstead (our COVID-19 vaccination bus will be at Sidings Community Centre). Full details on the dates, times, locations and how to book are below. If you're eligible for the vaccine but you're not free at these times, you'll also find information below on how to book at another Camden vaccination site.
Please note that all of these services are free and you don’t need to be registered with a GP or have an NHS number to be vaccinated.
If you have any questions about the vaccine, there will be healthcare professionals, including GPs and vaccinators, on-site who can give you more information before you choose to have it. There’s also a lot of information at nhs.uk/coronavirusvaccine and camden.gov.uk/covid19vaccine.
Location, date and time
Who can book a vaccine appointment on this service?
How do you book an appointment?
Kiln Theatre, 269 Kilburn High Rd, London NW6 7JR
Thursday 27 May,
11 am - 2.30 pm
This is a free service for anyone aged 40 and over, including people who are:
This service will use the AstraZeneca vaccine, which remains safe and effective following reports of extremely rare cases of people developing blood clots after their first dose. As a precautionary measure, people under 40 will be offered a different vaccine where possible so this service will only be vaccinating those aged 40 and over. If you’re under 40, see below to find out how you can book an appointment at another vaccination centre.
COVID-19 community vaccination bus will be at:
Sidings Community Centre car park, 150 Brassey Road, NW6 2BA
This is a free service for people who are:
Please note that you’ll be asked to wait for 15 minutes after having your vaccine to watch out for extremely rare allergic reactions.
Email Sidings Community
Centre on email@example.com or call them on 07483 378339
Turn up at the bus during
operating times and if we have space, we will vaccinate you but please try to book in advance to guarantee your appointment.
Things to note:
- These are free services run by our local NHS
- Anyone who fits the above eligibility criteria will be vaccinated – you don’t need to bring proof of address or immigration status
- If you have an NHS number, please bring it with you. If you don't know what it is, find out here.
- If you aren’t registered with a GP and/or don’t know what your NHS number is, you will still be vaccinated.
- Please bring your phone number, address or email address so that we can contact you about your second dose
- If English isn’t your first language, we will have a translation service available so please don’t let that stop you from attending
- All data will be held on the secure NHS system and no personal details will be shared
Please follow public health advice on the way to and during your appointment:
- wash your hands before you arrive and use hand sanitiser gel when asked
- wear a face covering, unless exempt
- stay 2m apart from others
- do not leave home or attend your appointment if you have coronavirus symptoms
Other ways to book an appointment to have the COVID-19 vaccine
You can also book an appointment to have the COVID-19 vaccine at one of Camden’s other local vaccination centres in one of the following ways:
- Visit nhs.uk/coronavirusvaccine
- Call 119 for free
- If you aren’t registered with a GP, email our local NHS who will book your appointment for you: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need any support to book your appointment, call Camden Council for help on 020 7974 4444 (option 9)
Please note that there’s currently a very high demand for vaccine appointments via 119 and the NHS website but new appointments will become available in the next few days so please keep trying.
Source - Camden Council